Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Haven't Blogged Because of THIS!


My adventurous 16 month old Ronan decided he would no longer stay in his crib to sleep. During the middle of the night I woke up to him screaming. In his room I found him holding onto the railing from the outside of his crib. The next day each time we tried to put him down for a nap he would climb out and lay on the head board part of the crib. I would have been fine if he could get out safely but we saw only visions of broken arms. So I cleared all the furniture out of the room except for the mattress on the floor. The only solution was to create a giant crib with a locked door. I had 3 days of no naps and lots of crying. Yesterday he found the diaper rash cream under his crib. He was covered, the carpet was painted, and then me. We all smelled funny the rest of the day. A thought to you who haven't cleaned that up. I would rather have to clean any other substance, poo included and I can compare. It took me hours to scrub it out of the carpet and comforter. I even threw away his sheets because I figured the 20$ would be worth not having to scrub one more thing. But there has been some success. Finally today it sunk in and he is falling asleep without crying on his bed. When he wakes up from a nap he knocks on his door. Here is a picture of him I took tonight.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Shill and Company said...

Oh Rachel you poor thing! You guys have your hands full. That little Ronan is too smart for his own good. He constantly amazes me. We love him to pieces. What a silly little guy.

Emily said...

Just another one of those "classic mom moments" that we can look back on and laugh at......someday!
Hang in there!

Kurt and Tami said...

Oh the dreaded transition! We're about to go through that for the third time ourselves. Hope you get naps back soon!

Shannon said...

I had no idea of your diaper cream whoas. I'm so sorry, what a pain in the _____! Glad he's sleeping again.