Monday, July 07, 2008

Fireworks and Sickness

This weekend was a combination of fun and not so fun. Thursday was Leah's birthday. We went to the Real Soccer Game with some friends and got to see fireworks afterward. That night Ronan was up til 2am and Eva didn't sleep all night. She kept complaining about her ear. So 4th of July morning I took her into the doctor. Her eardrum has burst overnight. The poor girl I felt so bad for her. After some ear drops and antibiotic she is doing much better.

The rest of our 4th was spent at a neighborhood BBQ. The weather was just perfect with some clouds and a breeze. Then while we were sitting outside there was a micro burst wind. It blew limbs off trees all our food off the table. My neighbors trampoline blew all the way over their fence onto a car. We went up to Davis High to see some fireworks.

In the morning Ronan didn't wake up until 11:30 when Dave went to get him. His temperature was 103. He was so sick all day and didn't even move. Which if you know him is not normal. I got his fever down and he was feeling fine. After church Sunday his fever came back at 104. He was breathing funny and I couldn't get his temperature down. After another trip to the insta care I found out that he had strep throat.

Today was Leah's 5 year old visit. She was a little angel for the whole appointment. I took her into the bathroom to pee in the cup. She thought it was the funniest thing. Eva started crying because she wanted to pee in a cup too. Then came the shots at the end. I had prepared her well for a little pinch. We had a sucker to eat while getting the shots. The two nurses come in 2 shots each and in a flash it is over. Leah is screaming very angry, "ahhhh, you said it would be a pinch that hurt much more than a pinch." The whole rest of the day she refused to move her arms. She couldn't open doors, go to the bathroom, or pick things up by herself. I made a comment about how it probably didn't hurt that bad. She put me in my place by saying, "Mom you haven't had kindergarten shots so you wouldn't know." I hope that her arms work tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Best of luck with all the illnesses! I guess it is better to deal with it all at the same time and be crazy then to have to hunker down at your house for a long time when they get sick right after each other.