Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mothers Day Festivities

Leah's teacher hosted a Mom's and Muffins on Friday. They had made us the cute flower pot Leah is holding, a necklace. Also a darling book about why mom is special. Titled my mom is special because....Leah said, "She plays Wii with me, she teaches me how to color, she makes money for me, she takes me to swim, she show me how to swim, she loves it when I do her work." I loved being with Leah and having her read the books she had picked out for us.

Eva's preschool teacher hosted a mini singing program for us. The kids served us lunch. Then they sang some of the songs they have been working on in class. She had designed a flower pot for me too. I am well on my way to a garden with all the flowers.
Also one last thing I wanted to share. Leah wrote me a song she sang to me when I woke up on Sunday. I just wanted to write down the lyrics for you all to enjoy.
The best mom in the world
To Rachel
From Leah - It's a song.
My mom Rachel is good and kind to others
O Rachel O Rachel you are sweet like sugar
She is nice and beatiful she loves me and you
Rachel it Mothers Day this is your present
I made you this because I love you
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amber said...

So cute, and Rachel, you are beautiful! You are such a good mom with tons of good mom tips. Hey, I'm pretty sure that I see my nephew in the picture of Eva's preschool class!

I really wish I could have made it on the girl's CA trip. We should grab Shannon and do a GNO sometime!

Shill and Company said...

I'm happy to see all of the recognition that you received for being a terrific mother. I loved the pictures. You Miss Rachael radiate beauty.

Becki said...

You are sweet like sugar Rachel! :) So is your daughter. How cute!

Karla Christiansen said...

Rachel, You look so pretty in these pictures... or maybe I just look so fat and haggard right now that your good looks are even more noticable? Ya I know I spelled that wrong, can't think!