A few updates from the Ratchford home. First of all we are missing Dave because he is far away in the land of the leprechauns. Leah thinks he is there to catch one and bring us home his pot of gold. Really Dave is in Ireland to spend some time with his brothers Garreth and Stephan and other family he doesn't see often. We are missing him and he is worried about missing things here. So here are some updates from the past 3 days. It has been very eventful.
1. I got an i-phone. It shouldn't be part of my list. I almost gave that as a good news minute in Relief Society. Then decided against it. I have wanted one for a good year and half. And have been waiting for my t-mobile contract to be up. If any of you iphone users have favorite apps or tips let me know. In fact I had some fun with the camera at Eva's game. The new iphones have a video camera. I just need to upload it to u tube and I will post it.
2. My mom and dad came for a visit. They took Eva and Ronan to the zoo on Friday. I had the day to get all the phones worked out. Then they watched them again while I went out to lunch with some friends on Saturday. It is nice to have lots of help when your husband is gone.
3. The girls both had soccer games. Eva played in her very first one. They move around the field at walking pace. It is hilarious. Eva scored a goal, for the other team. She was proud of herself anyway. Leah played very hard in her game, despite the fact that she had a crippling injury. Don't worry it was just a previous scab that opened up when she fell. You would have thought her leg was ripped open. She wouldn't play until we found a band aid in someones car. Then she sat out a quarter limping, not putting any pressure on her leg. She did recover and play. Making sure to hold her shorts up so they wouldn't touch her knee.
4. The big news of the day is that Leah got a boyfriend, Jackson. She came home from the primary practice telling me that a boy from her class had asked her to be his girlfriend. My friends said they were standing by each other eating a treat at the practice. Then when the kids were out with Nana and Papa I saw a giggly group of girls walk up to the house. They stood at the bottom of the stairs and sent a boy I didn't recognize up to ring the doorbell. The girls at the bottom where all smiles and giggles. I figured this must be the boyfriend. They waited around til Leah got home. They went to Brooklyn's house where the girls had set up place for them to eat. The girls told Jackson how to impress Leah. His mom said he came home to change into one of his nice shirts, but left his soccer shorts on. The girls got him a necklace to give her as a present. According to Nana they had arms around each other and were holding hands. Jackson's mom said he set up a nice table with treats where they sat and talked. They wouldn't let anyone else sit with them. By the end of the night she had decided he wasn't her boyfriend, just a boy that she likes. The good news Dave is. I know his parents, he is a cute sweet boy, they really just play, and I am sure this will all wear off by the time one of his friends makes fun of him. In the meantime I am going to enjoy all the laughs from Leah's comments. And don't worry we had the, your not old enough to kiss anyone talk.
A few classic quotes from Leah:
Mom, why do you think Jackson likes me now. He was scared of me at school. Maybe it is because I said my primary part so good."
Mom, I don't know who to marry. Logan or Jackson? Maybe I will marry one of them and then the other can come live at my house. That way I can have 2 boys that live with me.
I chase all the boys at school and tell them I am going to kiss them. Why do you think they are all scared of me? (really she couldn't figure it out)
Eva played in her first soccer game.
Leah with the "boyfriend"

7 comments:
Aww! What a cute boyfriend! You should try Blowfish Poppers for your iphone--we think it's pretty fun!
haha. Love that Leah has a boyfriend. She is such a character. She will love reading about this when she's older. :)
Speaking of Leah's suitors. . .
Can you email me the pictures of the "wedding" that she and Connor had. I would love to scrapbook them.
Your kids are such characters! It's always good to get an update from you.
Jackson better watch out when Davy gets home...
Cute. I love those quotes. I'm glad at least that Logan is still on her mind! :)
You should have shared your iphone news as a good new minute! I would have supported you in it. Then maybe I would have gotten the courage to share that I did't murder my kids over the weekend.
Post a Comment