This huge event is held every year in Midway at Soldier Hollow. We watched as they let 3 sheep out clear on the top of the mountain. Then the border collie took off from the bottom. He was up to the top in seriously 1 minute. Then with just a whistle to tell him what to do brought the sheep down the hill through a series of gates. It was pretty amazing. There was lots of booths and activities for the kids.
Splash dogs proved to be the favorite activity. The kids LOOOOVVEEED it. Pretty much people entered there dogs in to see how far they could jump into the water. Some were pretty impressive. Some were scared of the drop and wouldn't do it.Nothing more darling than the face painting. We had to take pictures since they were washed off by 2 hours later when we went to the pool.
Ronan if you can believe it held perfectly still.

4 comments:
So fun! Brent and I used to love taking the kids to things like that. I'm not sure why we hardly ever do anymore...And great pic of the family! I'm impressed it was with a timer:)
We did that one year! Those sheepdogs are amazing! So are you going to enter your dog one day into the water jumping contest? ;)
My dog would have to get thrown in to jump into that water. The girls did talk about seeing if Lucky would do it.
Oh,man! I wish I would've known you guys were going to be there. We were in Park City that weekend. We were "this close" to going to the Sheepdog Festival...but I had never heard anything about it and we had friends in town, so I didn't want to show up and have it be lame! ;) Glad you're having fun! We need to get together again soon.
Post a Comment