Sunday, September 07, 2008

Leah's First Day of School

Just before the big day


Eva started preschool the next week but had to be part of the photo shoot.


Just these two left at home every morning. Eva is going to have to learn to like her brother. Every time she holds him she yells for me to take a picture.

Leah started Kindergarten this year. I can't believe how fast time skips by. It is like I missed something along the way. I closed my eyes and she just grew up. I took Ronan to the doctor the same day thinking, hoping that he had an ear infection. The doctor had just opened an email with pictures of his grand kids going to their first day. His eyes welled with tears as he reminisced about how fast they had grown up. It was so sweet. I on the other hand didn't have the same reaction. I am I the only mom that celebrated a little thinking about how I will no longer have to take all my kids to the grocery store? I am sure that some day I will look at these pictures and tear up but for now I am saying wahoooo.

3 comments:

Kurt and Tami said...

I miss Leah. But it will be fun to teach Eva this year.

cwilson said...

I can't believe Leah is old enough to go to kindergarten! It seems like you just had her! Crazy how fast time flies!

Shill and Company said...

What a cute girl. It sounds like so far so good with Leah in school. She is so dang funny. I'm sure she will have a blast meeting new people.