Sunday, September 07, 2008

First Every Family Trip

Our first family trip was to Bellingham Washington to visit the other Ratchford's. Dave's brother, wife Erin, and fun cousins. We flew into Seattle then they live about 2 hours from there. Rather than my boring commentary I decided to let the girls leave comments for these pictures. Enjoy.



This was the best time riding the plane - Leah

Oh Leah smile please - Eva






Our second day there we took off for Victoria Island. It is a short drive to the Canadian border and then across the ocean on a ferry.

We are at the ocean- Eva

This is our first time going on a ferry on the ocean - Leah


I love taking pictures next to the fountains - Leah

I hated walking and made my daddy carry me on his shoulders everywhere we went - Eva

This is outside the Parliament building in downtown Victoria. We took an amazing walk around the harbor is was gorgeous.





Fisherman's Wharf where we had fish and chips and enjoyed looking at all these floating houses. Grandma Merrily is holding Eva.


I like this so much - Eva


Sorry mom Max and Ruby's on I will come help later - Leah





End of the pier at Fisherman's Wharf. Loving my new stroller already. Why why why did I wait so long to buy a decent umbrella stroller.


Will someone please let me out of this stroller - Ronan

8 comments:

Kurt and Tami said...

Loved the kids comments! It looks beautiful up there. Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Barnes said...

SO glad you guys are finally home!! We've missed you. I love Washington--and love the wonderful fish and chips--so jealous. Glad you had a great time with the rest of the CLAN!!

Mara said...

I am crying right now I miss Victoria so much. You are what a fun family trip.so lucky you got to go.

Cami said...

I am so jealous that you went to Victoria. This is where Josh served his misson. We have been once, but I really think that we need to go back after looking at your pics.

Carrie said...

Way fun vacation. Loved the pictures and comments. You got alot of sight seeing in for the amount of time that you were gone. Congrats on a successful vacation.

Lisa said...

Love the pictures and looks like so much fun. Your kids are hilarious! We would love to get together sometime and hang out if you guys are up to it!

Emily said...

what a fun trip! i love your stroller!

Lauren said...

I hope the butterflies haven't ruined your kids for life. (Ha, Ha!) My sister-in-law is terrified of butterflies and dragonflies. She thinks they are freaky! Beautiful pictures! Next time you go will you pack me in your suitcase?