Do any of you guys have fun free or cheap ideas to entertain your kids this summer? Here is what I have thought of so far. Leave a comment if you have more ideas. It will be fun to have it all right here as a master list.
Gateway Fountain
Local Parks
Hikes
Camping
Play tennis
All the Davis County Library activities
Go to play on the beach at a reservoir
Ride traxs
Rivers at Liberty Park
Wheeler Farm
Chocolate Factory Tour
Geo caching
Museum of Natural History- free first Monday of each month
Join the Fat Cats Bowling Leage - kids bowl free all summer
Air force Museum
Air Show - Does anyone know when this is?
Boondocks - Sign up for a free 25$ card for use on the day of your child's birthday
Boondocks - Also has a deal on Tuesdays for unlimited on activities for 12$
Tinsletown 1$ movies at 10 am on Tuesday & Wednesday. Or 10 for 5$
All the local pools, Bountiful, Clearfield, Farmington, Roy, Surf and Swim
Classic Fun Center - 2$ each activity on Tuesday, Moms club is 7$ a person for everything plus 1o tokens. Go between 10-3. (I am not sure if this goes during the summer or not. Anyone know?)
Davis County Fair
Bountiful Handcart Days
What good hikes do you guys know for kids. The Shoreline Preserve was great. I have also heard the Lagoon Trail goes right by the zoo animals at Lagoon.
5 months ago
9 comments:
Great ideas!
Word to the wise--don't park inside Hill Air Force Base when you go to the Air Show. The show is definitely worth seeing but it took us HOURS to get out of the parking lot after. Park outside the base and walk in.
Hey, we are trying to do the exact same thing! Here are a few I didn't see on your list.
The exhibits are free at Clark Planetarium. It does cost $4-$6 dollars to see a show though. (The underwater I-Max show does look pretty cool. . .)
In August, Thanksgiving point usually does $2.00 Tuesday's. You can get into any of their gardens/farm country/the dinosaur museum for $2. My kids LOVE to play in the Noah's Ark fountain in the children's garden. I'd go VERY EARLY though. It usually gets pretty crazy.
For $4.00 per person you can see all of the museums at the Train Station in Ogden. That includes the train museum, the car museum, and the Browning Gun museum. (Ronan might enjoy this one more than the girls. . .)
Give me a call when you are going to go to the chocolate factory. We would love to go with you. (I also thought about doing this but I worried it wouldn't be worth the companies time for the 5 of us. . .)
Have a great summer!
That last comment was from me. I was logged in under another blog that I am working on. Sorry! I am serious about the chocolate factory though. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
The air show is typically every other year. It was in 2009 so I wouldn't expect it until at least 2011. You've been pretty thorough, but I will keep thinking of additional items.
Thanks for all the good ideas! I want to go with you when you do some of them!
You forgot "Go to Rock Springs and stay with the other Ratchfords!"
We love going up Farmington Canyon. There is a fun little hike up the river. Thanks for the fun ideas!
Erin of course a visit up to you is in the plans. Just as soon as you are ready for house guests. And Mandy how do you get to the canyon? We should take our families together sometime that would be fun.
Such great ideas, next time your up for some guest to come let me know my kids would love it!!
Post a Comment