Wednesday, January 28, 2009

For Karla

For Karla.... who thought it would be a good idea to pull out everything in my kitchen right before dinner. Then leave me with a mess and piles of stuff all over. No really it forced me to take care of messy closets that drive me crazy everyday. She was as close to giddy as a person can be organizing and planning out how to arrange my stuff. Karla really is so good at it that she could do it for a living. Any way these pictures probably aren't of any interest to most of you. But they are for her who left before the best part, seeing it finished.


My pantry had become the catch all for everything. Backpacks, food, papers, keys, and kids art stuff. We took everything office out of there and put in a strictly office cabinet.



My favorite result was the kid cabinet area. They have a lot of art stuff that they cant get to or make a mess finding. This cabinet is right on their level and close to the table where they work.

I came downstairs yesterday to find this. Leah had made Ronan toast, put his bib on, set the eating area. Cute huh.

Davy got Leah this trophy at the DI. It is for being a fast runner. She has planned a class for all her friends. She is going to teach them running, gymnastics, jumping, and wrestling. Anyone want in?
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Mara said...

I could use a friend like that. Those little projects always go faster when someone is helping out.

Amber said...

Oh those cupboards are beautiful! One of my goals this month was to get more organized and that was just the dose of motivation I needed! It is now my February goal!

I love the trophy, that is seriously so cute.

Karla Christiansen said...

I am way too excited. I love how the kids cabinet turned out!

Kurt and Tami said...

So that's what Leah signed Collin up for. He came home the other day with a paper and everything and said Leah had signed him up for gymnastics. By the way, I was there when they were in the middle of organizing. The finished product looks great. Clean, organized shelves and cupboards really do just make you happy.

Barnes said...

I need to get my pantry organized..you are going to motivate me...just not today!! They look great and I'm sure you are thrilled to have them look the way they do.

Shannon said...

Beautiful cabinets and good job remembering to take pictures! You definitely need people to share in your joy. Please send Karla my way next time she's in town. So cute that they set Ronan up with a meal, complete with a place mat and everything- I love big siblings!

Lauren said...

I am envious of your pantry and kid cupboard. It's time to get organized at the Davis house too. I think Leah will be a great gymnastics instructor. I am sure she could talk Connor into being an Olympic Gymnast!

Shill and Company said...

Looking good. It's such a great feeling to be organized. My problem is that nothing ever stays perfect for more than a few weeks. :(