Monday, March 23, 2009

St.Pat's Day Irish Style

The two leprechauns getting ready for a presentation for Leah's class. Dave also went Eva's preschool and surprised a few neighbors with his pot of golden treats.

I love this kilt. We bought it on a trip to Ireland before we ever had kids..

Leah's cute class, they were so green and festive. Random fact, did you know that pinching is not an Irish tradition. Imagine Dave's surprise when pinched at his first St. Patricks Day in America.


The kids all sat around Dave as he taught the class. He educated them on why Saint Patricks Day came to be, leprechauns, and a few Gaelic phrases.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

TyandMar said...

That outfit looks strangely familiar - oh yes - Halloween 2007. How awesome that you got to use that outfit more than once!! One day, I hope you can pass it on to Ronan. Leah looks adorable. I wish I could've been there to hear your story telling:)

Lauren said...

Love the hair. . .
I think it is great that he went to talk to Leah's class. I wish Connor was in her class so that he could have been there.

Emily said...

oh, aw, hee, hee, hee, it hurts....i wish we would have been home!

Shill and Company said...

What a great thing to do. I bet the kids absolutely loved it!

The Roylance Family said...

How fun! He is such a good sport! I'm sure he was a hit at school! He might need a haircut, though. I'm not sure... ;)

Ben said...

Though I've never seen the movie Dave - I think you nailed the part.
See below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Leprechaunposter.jpg

Kurt and Tami said...

The kids loved having a "leprechaun" at preschool. Thanks!

Becki said...

Love it! Logan dressed completely in green this year. St Pat's isn't the same without you guys though!