Sunday, June 15, 2008

No Karla


When my sister Karla came to visit she stayed at our house for a few days. It was a lot of fun. Karla used "Leahs" bathroom for all her stuff and lets just say Leah was a little bothered by Karla taking over "her" bathroom. Leah felt Karla was a little messy in "her" bathroom so when Karla went out for the day Leah would clean up and arrange the bathroom as she saw fit. Even the toothbrush and toothpaste were placed neatly together in their own space.

Karla went up to my moms house for a few days and then came back to stay with us some more.

When they were on their way back Leah started making a little card. I thought it was to welcome them back. She asked me how to spell Karla and how to spell no. I didn't think anything of it until I noticed Leah taping her creation to the front door. The picture, if you cannot tell, is Karla holding Jake and in big spelled out letters is the words "NO NO KARLA." She didn't want Aunty Karla back in the house and into "her" bathroom.

I asked her why she was so rude and didn't want Karla back. She said because Karla and baby Jake were sick and would get her, Ronan and Eva sick also. She was ousting Karla and Jake from the house for the greater good of her family...

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Emily said...

That is hilarious! Your kids are so cute. Now about those pictures....we need to talk.

Mandy said...

I'm totally laughing!! She is the funniest girl I've ever met.

SpinIt! said...

That is so like a 4 year old that I know. Sam has started playing sick to get out of going to church. He doesn't want to get the other kids sick, or so he says.

Karla Christiansen said...

Leah is beyond her years. I swear she's more clever and funny than most adults! I had no idea there was a poster waiting for me! I guess you didn't want to hurt my feelings when I got there!

When she gets older I bet she'll put duck tape down her and Eva's room to keep her sister's mess on her side!

Ratchfords said...

Leah cracks us up! We can't wait to see you guys!

Christina said...

Oh man, that is hysterical! Your girls are too funny! I wanted to watch the video of her preschool graduation but nothing was there...

Shill and Company said...

That sign ROCKS!!! I bet you got a good laugh out of that one for quite some time.