Monday, May 05, 2008

The New Trax Train





The new trax train just went into operation last week. For a few days it was free to ride. I thought it would be a great idea to take the kids by myself. Ride to the gateway and ride back. On the way there I thought it was great. Then we ended up at the gateway for way too long. Departure time was 12:00. We ran into free ice cream day at Gateway. Shopped 2 stores and then walked back to the station. By the time we got home it 5:00. So that was probably the first and the last time that I take the kids on the train. 1st problem it takes so much longer. 2nd problem Ronan cried the whole way home because he wanted to get out and walk. 3rd problem my girls got so hyper on the way home and boy do I feel bad for the guys by us. Anyway so take it from me. Don't ride very far if you are going to give it a try with your kids. Also pack treats, games, whatever it takes to keep your kids quiet. Overall though for commuters I think it will be great. Big comfortable seats and it is a smooth ride. It takes a lot longer than driving unless it is during rush hour. So I have come to a conclusion trax is for the commuter not for the mom taking her kids on a field trip.

7 comments:

Ratchfords said...

I love the new posts! I check in every time I get online, desperate for news and pictures of some of my favorite people in the world! Thanks! It looks like you guys are having lots of fun! We miss you!
Love,
Erin

Mandy said...

I'm glad you tried the train before I did! Now I know...of course I probably wouldn't try it alone with 4 kids- you are superwoman!

Amber said...

You are brave! Sounds like it was an adventure. I considered taking my kids during free week but decided to wait until Dan could go with us, and who knows when that will be! I'll bet they think it's pretty cool that they got to ride the train, even it if was a long ride home!

Shannon said...

Yeah- new posts from the ratchfords! you are always an adventurous gal.

I love the quotes section- priceless words from the babes.

Becki said...

All by your self? You are one brave girl! Who took the picture for you?

SpinIt! said...

I had just been thinking that it would be fun to take the boys on Trax next time we are down that way....I think I'll just stick with the car. Your kids are growing up so fast!

Julie said...

Hey, Dave and Rachel! I ran into your blog off of Liz's. I'm so glad things are going well for you guys. Life is always an adventure with little ones, huh?! Our blog is julieandscottyoung.blogspot.com.
Have a great week,
Julie (Jacobs) Young