Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Leahs Turns 8!


If I missed sending anyone in our Layton Ward an invite and you want to join us we would love to see you there.  Ms Leah and I had a great time getting her all done up and having a photo shoot. It was my first time using photo shop totally on my own to edit my pictures. Now I think I am addicted because they look way better than my normal photos. Good thing I need some more hobbies to keep myself busy up here in the winter.




 My favorite of the day for sure. I didn't use it on the announcement because there wasn't really a space to type on it. These were all taken in our yard which I love for all the flowers. I really have always dreamed of a yard full of daisies.


The actual day of the birthday. Eva thought up waking Leah up by spraying her with silly string. It was fun I will say that. And even funny Leah knew we were going to do it but was still surprised by in when woken out of her sleep.


Opening presents before we went to church. 


 The big surprise that Leah has wanted forever. A razor electric scooter. It has actually been lots of fun to ride around in the driveway.

Testing out the scooter. 

Finishing off the rest of the silly string. 

8 I really can't believe it.  

Leah with her baby. I don't know how I am going to go anywhere when Leah is in school. She is so wonderful with the baby. She sits right by her in the car and takes care of her every time we drive anywhere. The second the baby wakes up she wants her. In the past year Leah has grown up so much. She can talk your ear off but is really good company. We have been proud of how well she has handled the move. She already has a couple new friends and that is not easy to do where we are. Because kids are not that easy to find. She is so responsible I can hardly wait a few more years until she is legally old enough to leave home to babysit. And she is just as excited for that. We love Leah and can't imagine how dull this house would be without her.

7 comments:

Karla Christiansen said...

Gosh I loved these pictures of her! I cannot believe she is eight!!!

What a vibrant girl Leah is! She has so much creativity and imagination, I can't wait to see what she does when she's older. I still remember when she was just a baby and she was playing a game with me giving me a carrot and then taking it away laughing. She has always had such a sense of humor!

Sienna is missing Mama Leah, we should have borrowed her for the road trip. She is a fantastic big sister! Happy Birthday girl!

Ahles Family said...

Cute!

Becki said...

Hope you had a happy birthday Leah!! You look so pretty in your pictures! What a great field you found Rachel!

Becki said...

Hope you had a happy birthday Leah!! You look so pretty in your pictures! What a great field you found Rachel!

melissa said...

Those are some beautiful pictures! Nice work! It was sure fun seeing you last week--we must do a shopping trip!

Barnes said...

Awesome pictures! Can't believe these little ones are 8. What a special time it is. Sorry we didn't get to see you when you were here---we were off sailing in Bermuda! Miss you guys!

Molly said...

I just found your blog again =)
So fun to catch up on your life. Cute kids Rachel!! And beautiful pictures. Love all those daisies--your yard is gorgeous!