Sunday, July 03, 2011

The Big Move

So we have made it. We are official residents of Truckee California. Can I say how well things have worked out. Our house sold and they were even able to close 2 weeks early right before we moved. We found a great rental that is amazing. I know were were meant to be here because things have really fallen into place. The unpacking is almost done. I still have the garage and decorating to do. But for the most part I know where everything is. The kids are happy and Dave and I are loving the weather and slower pace of life. His job is going great and we are really happy about seeing him more often. Usually by 5:00 everyday or earlier sometimes. The rental house we got is divine. The view outside the windows is like something you would see in a picture. So far so good. Here are a few photos documenting what we have been up to.


Our very small but nice ward does a playgroup. The first week we moved here we went to Lake Tahoe. It is breathtaking. And the other 2 ladies I met I really liked. It was nice for the kids to play with some friends.


We love going up to Dave's resort. They have a nice gondola ride you can take up to the top of the mountain. And the kids are excited to try their new roller blades out on the skating rink.

My mom bless her heart drove with us from Utah. It really went as well as possible. Then she decided to stay with us an extra few days. By the time she left we were close to unpacked. But we had to make sure we had a little fun with her.

She spoiled the kids with pony rides and jumps on the trampoline up at the resort.  




How do you move furniture with no neighbors? We figured out this method. Dave, me and the little red wagon. Which is really very sturdy because the couches didn't break it.



Bought the kids a tramp. Spent 2 hours setting it up. Then went to move it to it's final spot and it turned into a potato chip. Crazy huh.

Don't worry we made the best out of it. The kids played on it for days like this. In fact they begged us not to take it back. Really it is a great idea for a lawn toy.

We went on an adventure to the lakes close to us. None of them have great beaches but we explored a little and the kids swam in some pretty murky water.

Somebody turned 3 months during all this chaos. She has been a bit fussy which doesn't help with unpacking. But she is cute as ever and has started cooing, laughing, and smiling all the time. And she decided that she hates the car and screams half the time we are driving. Which isn't great since everything is a drive. Really I can't complain because she is still sleeping through the night.

For Leah's birthday we took a afternoon to return the tramp and go on an adventure in Reno. There is a huge sporting goods store call Sheels that we loved. It has a Ferris wheel inside and everything else you could think of. Then we went to eat at the Silver Inn that was featured in Diners, Drive ins and Dives. Mostly we picked it because Leah wanted somewhere that serves pancakes. The food was pretty good and the kids loved their pancakes.

8 comments:

Karla Christiansen said...

Thanks for the pictures! I have been dying to see an update. Looking forward to house pictures and other fun activities around Tahoe.

AND... THE BABY IS BEAUTIFUL! She is really getting so cute, I need to see her!

Lauren said...

What grand adventures! I am glad that you guys got there safe, and that you are starting to feel settled. Now you can fully enjoy all that Tahoe has to offer this summer. Enjoy!

Molly Koch said...

So fun. Glad you guys made it. What a crazy adventure! Amazing it all just worked out.

Mara said...

Nice to see you are settling in. What a beautiful place to live!

Mandy said...

I'm so happy to see you guys are settling in. Can't wait to come visit!!!

Carrie said...

I am so glad you posted. I have been meaning to get your number from Emily....just haven't done it. We are gonna be up there the 20th-25th. Wanna meet at Tahoe's Sand Harbor? We are planning at least Thursday but will probably go another day too. Let me know. carrie.baclayon@gmail.com
Looks like you are having fun, and we love the Sheels ferris wheel too. In fact Jason's mom lives 3 minutes from it.

Shill and Company said...

Wow Rachel, it looks absolutely beautiful there! I'm happy to see that you are all adjusting so well and having such a good time. We sure miss you guys! I am having major Eva withdrawals in our primary class too by the way. Things just aren't the same here without your fun family. That being said, I must thank you for selling your home to a terrific family. We are really enjoying them. Keep those posts coming!

Christina said...

I am so glad you all made it in one piece and jealous of where you're living! It will be a good change, a big adventure, and you better start investing in some skiis for your kids! :)