Sunday, September 19, 2010

Anniversary Trip




Dave and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary here in a week. We really wanted to go on a big trip. Then found out that next summer we will be going to Greece for Dave's brothers wedding. Greece happens to be my dream vacation so we will be holding off on the big trip until next year. To celebrate our 10 years we went to Vegas for the weekend. Now I admit I was resistant to the whole Vegas thing. But it ended up being the perfect. We stayed off the strip in Henderson at Green Valley Ranch. It is a gorgeous hotel that is only 80$ a night for anyone looking for a cheap get away. There is the most beautiful pool area that we spent lots of time at. The hotel has a movie theater. Also an outdoor shopping area and restaurants with live music every night just across the street. We went to the Lion King at Mandalay Bay. I teared up during the first song when all the animals walk through the isles. I know I am a nerd. Thanks to my parents who had the kids for the weekend, they spoiled them. The best thing about going away with Dave is....we still got... still in love... still enjoy each others company...everything is better than it was 10 years ago when we got married. That is all you can wish for isn't it.

2 comments:

Shill and Company said...

That's awesome. Great way to spend an anniversary. Happy 10th! For us, that would be the BIG trip. How exciting to go to Greece next year. You guys always have something fun in the works.

McEntire Family said...

Congrats on TEN years! Where does the time go?