Monday, July 19, 2010

Snowbird Weekend

The best part of an awesome family vacation is when it is free. Dave's boss hooked us up with a 2 night stay at Snowbirds Cliff Lodge. It also came with activity passes and free breakfast. The hotel is so nice that we had enough space in our adjoining rooms to invite the other Ratchfords up to stay with us. We felt like we were in the Alps. It is just gorgeous up there.


The kids loved this pool and I loved the 3 hot tubs.

Bungee trampoline was a blast. We managed to get in line for this first thing in the morning and didn't have to wait in the really long line later in the day.

All the kids figured out how to do flips and thought they were hot stuff.









Kay so I thought I would try this and then was so winded after 10 minutes of jumping around. I attempted a double flip and sorta landed on my head. I am too old for this.

We bought lunch and rode to the top of the mountain on the lift. It was much colder up there and there was still a little snow in spots. And the views were breathtaking.




On the tram riding up.


The Garreth Ratchford family

Mechanical bull always a great laugh

Rock climbing all of the kids thought this was really cool to try.


All of us at the top of the mountain. I am so excited for these guys to be closer now. They just moved to were at least they can drive to see us for a weekend.


WORK. We both hate it.


These two are the cutest thing together.


Alpine Slide. The line was forever but we did go on a Saturday. I recommend a weekday if any of you are going to try doing the all day pass. By the way Costco has them 4 for 90.



We all enjoyed ourselves with only driving 45 minutes up the canyon.


4 comments:

Lauren said...

What a blast! I bet it was a bit cooler there too.

Amber said...

You guys are always doing the coolest things! I think that if you actually attempted a double flip you are FAR from being too old!

Shill and Company said...

My favorite place on the planet! So fun to see the great times that you shared together. You have some fantastic pictures on this post.

Becki said...

Wow....how fun! We have to try that next time we come back!!