Monday, July 12, 2010

The 4th & Leah's Birthday

Here are a few pictures from our fun 4th of July celebrating. I felt like the holiday when on for 4 nights with the way it fell on the weekend. I love the 4th so I hope it can be that way every year.

We went swimming and had a potluck lunch at our friends pool.
I love this picture of Eva. I had to come up with 3 days of holiday wear for each of us.


We did fireworks with our neighbors at night. Every year we try to figure out how to take pictures of our names spelled. After many tries we finally got it. This is EVA in case you can't tell.


Cool shot of the fireworks.



Ronan in Ethan's hat. I think we have the same type of photo from lasts years fireworks too. Ronan thinks that kid is "awesome."


Brave Leah with the sparkler wand.



Mine all mine



Leah had quite the day for her birthday. Her dad took her to The Last Air bender movie. Then we went swimming. After we got home I took her to Boondocks. Then we did fireworks outside with our neighbors. It was a great holiday and celebration of our Leah.


Celebrating with our friends at the pool


I am so proud of this girl. She has gotten very mature of late. She is reading chapter books, riding her bike like crazy, swimming by herself. Being so helpful and sweet to have around. This has to be my favorite ages so far. I love hanging out with her. She is greatly anticipating being able to babysit by herself, which is not for a few more years. I hope she is still excited about it when the time comes. It has really been a dream summer with much thanks to my helper. When we go run errand and the little kids are being crazy she waltzes over to me and says, "those crazy kids." I remember just a few months ago when she was the crazy one at the store. I am dying that she turned 7 and is going into 2nd grade. And whats more crazy I will have 2 kids in school in about another month.



We did presents in the morning after everyone woke up with chocolate chip pancakes and whipped cream. Leah got Kirby for her DS, Super Mario Brothers for the WII, Zhu Zhu pets and accessories, and goggles.



2 comments:

Lauren said...

What fun celebrations!!! Happy Birthday Leah! Isn't it great having a 7 year-old. I have recently discovered the joys having bigger kids too. It makes all the difference in my sanity.

By-the-way. . . Sorry about the Parade. I tried to call but no one answered. I figured I was too late so I left with the kids. We'll have to party soon.

Shill and Company said...

Wahoo. Looks like a fun time. That pool is beautiful. Glad that Miss Leah had such a nice birthday!

Your 4th looked like so much fun. I am very impressed with the sparkler & Eva's name. Very cool!