Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Davy!

Dave celebrated a birthday yesterday. I wont say how old the old man is getting but it is above 30. I am amazed at all the things he has accomplished in just the 10 years I have known him. He has excelled at every area of his life. Not only is he a great husband and father but he has blessed the lives of many others. He manages to balance church callings and a busy work schedule and still find time for the important things in life. I am so proud of him and lucky to call him my husband.



He brought the MLS cup home for a lecture he did at Weber State. I wish we would have got a picture of the trophy seat belted in the front seat of the car with him.
I had him take his birthday off from work. For years I have felt that it should be required. Lets face it what else is exciting when your our age. Dave didn't heed my advice last year. Drove 2 hours to work in a snow storm, got yelled at by his boss, and crashed his car. Needless to say lesson learned. This year he stayed home. And I think it was a much better day. We had a big breakfast, went out to lunch, he did a project in our entryway (I'll post pictures when we have painted it), I sent him to a massage, then Leah had a school performance, and last of all he went out to a movie with some friends.

The old trick candles are funny every time.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

TyandMar said...

Cutest family ever!! Happy Birthday Davy!! I like the take the day off of work idea!!

Shill and Company said...

Wow Rachel, you are sure a supportive and loving wife. That was a very nice tribute to Davy. Sounds like he made a wise choice this year by taking thy day off from work. Glad to hear that he had such a terrific day. He is a great man. We are lucky to have him as our friend.

suzy said...

Happy Birthday to you--my fellow December birthday-er! I loved your birthday comment on my blog...and joe especially loved how you wrote that you two slept in the same bed..."he MADE me drag my mattress in his room--we were NOT in the same bed!'' I hadn't even picked up on that minor detail until he started ranting in bed :) I just say embrace it Joe! It's always a treat when you come down even if you hear me yelling at my kids and only stay for 5 mins! :) Now you just need to bring Rachel and come stay!

Becki said...

Yay! Happy birthday Davy! (a little late......) Hope you had fun. Can't wait to see you guys!

Ratchfords said...

Glad to see the Springboks shirt fits! Garreth was so excited that Davy wore it to see "Invictus!" Looks like a great birthday!

Rachel M said...

Happy 32nd Birthday Davey!! Your nice wife won't rat out your age, but I will cuz I'm older than you and I feel no mercy:) I'm glad you had a fun day. I love that Josh is lurking in the background while you blow out your candles.

Ratchfords said...

Happy Birthday King Leonitus. Nice T-Shirt by the Invictus........Freedom

Garreth