Some of you may know that I have some talent when it comes to world geography, specifically world capitals. It's one of my obsessive compulsive(s) that plague me daily. I have never been bested in a "what is the capital of....?" contest.Until now.
My 8 year old niece, Grace, (who is adorably cute, kind and brilliant, by the way) sincerely, truly and legitimately beat me in an intense capital battle. Not only did she beat me, but she beat me bad. She knew 7 more than me and answered some that I could not remember. Not to brag here but I've got some skill in this area and she kicked me around the place. Countries like North Korea, Latvia, New Guinea, Belarus, Estonia, Yemen, Sri Lanka, Indonesia and Algeria. I mean the Western Hemisphere stuff is too easy so we stuck mainly to the tough ones.
I got her on two, Burkina Faso (Ouagadougou) and Madagascar (Antananarivo)
So, with this defeat I will fade and sail away like the Elves at the end of the Lord of The Ring movies.
Grace, I am more than impressed. I'd actually like to somehow invest money into you in some sort of business venture, because you are the smartest 8 year old that I've ever heard of and completely cool about it.
Well sorry to embarrass you...but you kicked your Uncle's butt and I should do the honorable thing and tell the world.
I can still beat your dad (North Carolina???) easy enough and that keeps me going. And I still think I can take you in an Arm Wrestle. Next up, Political Leaders and the history of Socialism in Western Europe. Bring it!
1 comment:
Wow, you must be very proud of me after all that appreciation that I just read.(but still it was a great post.) Thank you I feel touched.
Love,
Grace
Post a Comment