Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Jackson








Can you believe how beautiful this view is? No not the one of my thighs. This was the view from our campsite when we went to Jackson this last weekend. We went with out good friends Cameron and Shannon Richins and Josh and Cami Cook. Cameron had been to this camp site before for a scout camp. It was a 30 minute drive up the canyon and a dirt road but worth every minute of it. At night the moon was so bright that you could see the granite cliffs and the shimmer on the river. It also created some problems with me thinking that I was seeing large animals moving around. I had to stop looking around in the dark because my imagination just gets the best of me. We had asked the ranger if there was any bears. He said, "well actually there was only one that came to the edge of camp right there." And he proceeded to point to the area right next to our tent. We heard the base of someones radio and had a bit of a bear scare. The girls cleaned up all the food and the boys went searching around with their flashlights. It was pretty comical after the fact. On Saturday we took our rented raft and headed down to the Snake river for some excitement. This first time down was pretty slow. I decided to make the most of it on our second trip down. I stood at the front of the raft not thinking the rapids were very big only to get thrown into the river. The shock of what just happened and the freezing cold water shown on my face. I look over and there is Cameron, I must have taken him with me. I thought that was exciting enough I will get in the back of the raft now. Well what had happened was as the day went on more and more water had been released from the lake. Making must bigger rapids than we expected. When we got to the Big Kahuna we guided our boat so we could hit it right on. As soon as we started to descend into it we realized ahhh we have hit it perfectly. What a rush. The second wave after Kahuna we hit a bit sideways and before I knew it I was in the river again, next to me this time was Shannon. Before I could see me life fly before my eyes Cameron has me by the life vest and had pulled me in with one arm. Dave since has checked about getting life insurance on me.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Who is that stunning couple on the front of that raft? This comment would have been funnier if I could have been anonymous.