Friday, June 12, 2009

Meet the Newest Member of Our Family



A soft and fluffy 7 week old Shichon puppy. A Shichon is a mix between a Bichon Frise and a Shih Tzu. They are suppose to be smarter than a Shih Tzu and hypoallergenic like the Bichon, a lap dog, and easy to train. You all can make fun of me for caving on the dog. Most of my friends have probably heard me say, "we will not ever get a dog." But look at this guy, who could resist! I actually had been looking for dogs for a few weeks to give to Leah for her birthday. My friend Shannon found these on KSL and we went to go see them. I actually had no intention of wanting one until I saw how good this guy was with the kids. I decided to say yes about a dog when every friend Leah choose to play with had to have a dog. It was getting quite ridiculous. And instead of going outside to visit friends they just went visit the dogs next door. I have waited years to see if the dog obsession would end and it had only gotten worse. So there you have it I caved.


Surprisingly I actually like him! He has been the dream puppy. We brought him home Wednesday night. I haven't once been awakened at night. He goes potty on a puppy pad in the bathroom if he needs to at night. During the day he has gone outside except for 2 accidents. I gave him a wash cloth bath today and blow dried his hair dry because he was shaking so much when I was done. I always thought I would hate having a dog, but so far so good.

His name is Lucky Clover Ratchford. Leah announced it, "we will name him Lucky because it is our lucky day, the day we get a puppy." The girls are obsessed and spend every waking moment I will allow mauling him. He just plays dead on their laps and they carry him around like a baby. But when put down he chases balls, chews on his bone, and runs and trys to hide. I have to lock the bathroom door where his kennel is to give Lucky a break from them. They will not be a shortage of love and affection at this house.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Mara said...

With a dog that cute and sweet, how can you not fall in love?

Emily said...

he is the sweetest and definitely loved! thanks for letting us(eliza)visit!

cwilson said...

He is so cute! I can see why you caved! My kids would love it if I caved...but I don't know if that will ever happen. But, if it does, we will know what kind of puppy to get! He sounds like a great dog!

Lauren said...

Congratulations!!! I am sure your girls have awarded you with the Mother of the Year award. (I bet they are so extremely excited.)

Will we ever see Leah again?

Mandy said...

Oh man, I'm feeling some major jealousy. I love that dog! It is so cute and fluffy and sweet. I think I'm a bit like Leah, I will only play with friends that have a puppy from now on. Maybe that will get Mike to cave!

melissa said...

How cute,
I would totally want a dog if they stayed cute and little forever. I'm sure your girls are so happy!

Amber said...

Are you telling me the begging doesn't stop, just gets worse? Oh boy! Next time Ella cries because she doesn't have a pet puppy can we come and visit? You are the nicest mom ever!

Becki said...

I am laughing my head off right now. Rachel has a dog?? I recall several very adimate conversations against dogs on some of our old time walks! I'm glad you love her. She looks so sweet. I better not show Logan these pics or I won't hear the end of it!

Ratchfords said...

That thing is the most adorable bleedin animal I've ever seen. And I own all the Planet Earth DVDs!! There has to be a dark side to it. Some evil ying to it's Mother Theresa-like yang. Rabies maybe? Yellow Fever, Monkey Pox? No good will come of this creature. It looks like an EWOK. My kids are mad jeleous. We're happy for yis

Garreth

Shill and Company said...

I am so glad that you guys took the plunge. Lucky is such a sweet little guy!