Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We Survived Big Kahuna

But it was a close call!!!!!
These are pictures from our Jackson Hole river rafting trip.


Anticipating! Looks like we hit it just perfect. No comments
about the dumb look on my face please.

Wow that was a lot bigger than it looked at first. Oh crap the look on Melissa's face says it all. She is the one screaming. Then look in front of her at Emily. She really is scared out of her mind.

Hitting the first wave perfect threw us sideways to hit the next bigger wave. At this point I thought we were going to completely flip our boat

Lost 6 of our 12 passengers. Who by the way were the newbies to the river
and most scared of falling out of the boat.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Barnes said...

Those pictures say it all!! Boy was that a fun trip!! Mike says next time he's sitting on the left side of the boat--the left side was the strongest!!!

Shill and Company said...

Looks like you could have used another raft! Holy cow you guys were packed in there.

Those pictures are amazing. Before reading your captions, I noticed the expressions on everyones faces. They were so great! Actually, sometimes I felt really bad for some of you, and the sheer look of horror!

Looks like we missed out yet once again on another great trip. If only my parents wouldn't travel to Europe every year! Come on already!!!

TyandMar said...

Hey guys, Maryann here. My family used to do the Snake River every year and I was ALWAYS scared to death of the Big Kahuna. I still am!! I feel your pain. Hey, you need to come over to our new Kaysville house. Bring the girls, Freddy needs some friends!! :)

laura s. said...

Okay, those are the funniest pictures I've seen in a long time! Who took those? Sounds like you guys had a fantastic time!

Hydes said...

Everytime I see those pictures I can't stop laughing. Our faces are classic, I am glad we can all laugh about it now. Thanks for such a fun trip you guys are the BEST!!!!

Mara said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun... and lived to tell about it.

melissa said...

That looks so dang fun!

Emily said...

thanks for pointing me out. i did go under the boat you know....or did you forget?!

Kurt and Tami said...

I love the look on Em and
Melissa's faces! You were all so brave. I would have been scared out of my wits!

The Roylance Family said...

This looks like so much fun! I'm glad you all survived!

Emily said...

are you home yet?

Elisa said...

Hey Rachel, I lost your phone number, could you email it to me?
elisaray@hotmail.com