Anyway, so you know Rachel. You know what you mean to me and our family. You are the glue that keeps it together. So before I grab you as you sit on the couch right behind me and kiss your passionately and longingly let me tell you why you still and always will make my heart flutter...curse you Glen Hansard!
You can make any experience easy. Here you are 10 minutes before Leah popped out and changed everything. Not the best photo, but I think it captures the fact that you and I had no clue what we were doing. I think about this time of our lives often. So much more simple and so much more empty. Bringing our unbelievable children into this world has given us common purpose and reason. Thank you. Dude, you can surf! Remember on our honeymoon in Hawaii and I tried to boogie board with you and the waves took me out instead of in and I screamed like a 7 year old little girl in terror. You were just paddling away like it was nothing. Your so bleedin talented. The kids take after you in this matter. They are much more adventurous than I am. They are just like you.
Dude, you sell houses! After teaching for a couple of years, bearing 3 kids and keeping our house "in order" you start your own little business. Unbelievable...I am overwhelmed and can't keep up. Being impressed by you is too trivial of words. You are freaking amazing. Thank you for sticking around with this ole' lump...is it the free Soccer tickets?
For you people listening in on this, go get the soundtrack to "Once" and maybe you'll sit down and write.
10 comments:
Very sweet!
From another huge Glen Hansard fan!
Wow. I mean, wow. I haven't commented on here before, but I read your guys' blog often and I must say that Rachel is one lucky girl. What any wife wouldn't give for a tribute like this.
Okay Davy- you just made me cry through that post. (I know I'm pregnant, but I think I would have cried anyway) Rachel is a great girl. I think you are both lucky!!
I think I will copy this (of course change the name's and experiences... well maybe I'll leave the experiences I've never been to Hawii)Don't tell Marci when she tells you all about her love letter
Many tears have been shed over this work of art. I'm going to Walmart right now to purchase this Glen Hansard CD and then I must download it to Cameron's iPod and then I must somehow sabatoge the iPod to play only this song over and over during Cameron's 4 day trip. Can it be done? Yes. Yes, I think it can.
Rachel you have the most romantic husband EVER!!! Way to go Dave. You are such a great guy. Flattery will get you everywhere! I have no idea who Glen Hansard is. Rachel will have to tell me more. What an incredibly sweet post. You rock Dave!
...so I just told Chris about this post on your blog and Chris said something to the effect of, "Thanks a lot Dave. Now the rest of us look like jerks." There was a bit more but I won't publish it here. :0)
Oh, and I must say that Rachel is amazing! Not only is she beautiful, she is so talented, smart, funny, adventurous, etc. The list goes on and on. I don't know how she does everything that she does. She has a great attitude. Those pictures were awesome!
You two are great for each other.
Ok.........Listen. You're tossin me raw meat here. There are a lot of very positive comments here, but as your big brother and a fellow total bastard, I feel obligated to give you a certain level of abuse here and can't let you away with this level of emotional expression. This level of commitment goes against all man rules and established beer commercial dogma. Don't ever, ever get this mushy again in public, as a fellow Ratchford man, you have an intolerant, sexist, twisted, chauvanistic-pig like reputation to uphold, but I haven't been touched like this since the second elimination episode of Oprah's "The Big Give", or Ty Pennington's Extreme Home Makeover butterfly and bat bedspread tribute to the pigment-challenged, wheelchair bound 9 year old girl that had to stay in the dark like a frickin mushroom since she was born in the cave. Plus, now all your mates are having to explain to their woman why they never do heartfelt stuff anymore. Thanks a million. You're gettin a good boot in the unmentionables the next time I see you.
Garreth
That was...so gushy Davy. I always knew you were emotional, girly and downright wimpy, but this....this tops it all.
Rachel, you're a lucky lass to have a man who's so in touch with his feelings...(i just threw up in my mouth a little).
Tyler
Davy, you are dead!
Rachel, you are a beauty! Still! It's been forever since I've seen you guys! Wow, I'm so happy for you and your business and your cute kids, and just that you're keepin' the love alive! Go AGGIES!
p.s. I found you on Mcevoy's page, incase you're wondering. =) My page is www.homesbyheather.blogspot.com
-Heather (webster) Stevenson
Post a Comment