Thursday, February 12, 2009

Why I Volunteer at School

Leah has always been very good with words. She is very expressive and is always making hilarious comments. I love this part of her. But she picks the one thing I just wish she wouldn't say and out it comes.

See exhibit A. This is a picture that Leah drew in Kindergarten. The top says Leah & Logan. The picture is of her and Logan asleep in a bed during Christmas time. See the tree and lights around the bed, very romantic. Mrs. Piper showed this to me at parent teacher conference. Leah told us, "this is a picture of when my friend Logan and I slept together." It is a good thing that I know Mrs. Piper well from volunteering at school. I asked Leah when that happened, "when you went on your trip and I stayed at Logan's house." "She was 2," I quickly said to her teacher. We laughed through the rest of Leah's parent teacher conference.



Less than a week later I am in the bathroom. The phone rings and Leah picks up. She come running upstairs bangs on the door someone was on the phone for me. When I pick up all I hear is laughing. Oh no what has Leah said is my first thought, and who is this is my second one. It takes the caller a good minute to gain composer enough to talk. It is Holly Piper her teacher. Leah answered with, "my mom is in the bathroom, she is all locked up."

10 comments:

Lauren said...

That is hilarious!!! I love Leah! My sister just emailed me a similar story. I'll have to send it to you. . .

Shill and Company said...

Ha Ha, that is some good stuff. Never a dull moment with Miss Leah. She will keep us all laughing for many years to come!

cwilson said...

Gotta love the things kids say! That is so funny!

melissa said...

Sooo funny! I also love all of the kids quotes. Your kids are hilarious! We missed you on our shopping trip! we will have to do it again in the spring.

Becki said...

Nice. :) So that's the picture I've heard about huh? I love it! Hope you guys had a good V day!

Karla Christiansen said...

Leah, that kid makes the world a funner place for sure!

Liza said...

That is so funny! I love/hate to hear what may come spewing out at just the right moment. What a cute blog!

McEntire Family said...

Totally love the kid comments! I am always so behind on them. I write them down and stack them to be blogged and it's usually months behind. Here's our blog -
www.mcentirefamily.blogspot.com
~Amber

Becki said...

Hey Rach! So, I heard Leah has a blog now too. Logan would love to see it if she does! We miss you guys!

Ratchfords said...

Hello? We are very patiently waiting for pictures of Mexico. Where are they?!?!