


Ronan Finn Ratchford was born on March 20th at 9:15 in the morning. He was 7 pounds 12 ounces and 20 inches long. I was just waking up at 6am when I noticed something that might be a contraction. For the next hour they continued so I figured I was still in labor and got Dave and left for the hospital. On the drive there which is about twenty minutes the contractions were 2 minutes apart and painful. Once we got into the hospital I was in amazing amounts of pain. So much that the nurse checked to see how dialated I was. There was a look of panic on her face as she realized I was a 7 and about to have a baby. Then the room was rushed full of nurses about 6 of them. They quickly took me to another room and the anastesiologist ran in to give me an epidural. At that point I was already a 10 but my doctor was still twenty minutes away. Thank goodness for fast acting pain medicine is all I can say. I never believed that I would be one of those women mouning in pain but I was. The doctor arrived shortly and with three contractions of pushing there arrived our baby. He slightly reminded us of Grandda Ratchford with his wrinkled face. Once we got him home I realized that their must be a genetic gene in the Ratchford family for hungry boys. He has been eating 2-3 ounces every 2 hours since he got home. The girls absolutely love him, especially Leah. Eva is a little jealous but ajusting well. They follow me all over the house watching what we are doing with the baby. Leah holds him all the time and feeds him bottles. Eva is especially interested in the breast pump. We are so happy to have our little boy here and are doing great.
1 comment:
Congratulations! We missed you at Joy School that morning.
Ronan looks darling. In a week or so I will call to see if we can come visit, we have a little gift for Leah and Eva.
Post a Comment