Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Our Little Arsons

Last week I walked into the kitchen to discover flames shooting out of the microwave. The look in the kids faces that something was amiss in the house didn't happen until I pulled the extinguisher out and commenced to put out the blaze. The house quickly filled with thick smoke. I ran the children out to the van in the parking lot. And headed back into the house to open windows and start a fan. When interrogated by Davy, Leah admitted that her and Eva had decided to cook. Found inside the microwave were 2 sippy cups, a pretend hotdog, a doll, and 2 bouncy balls. Leah is very nervous that other fires are going to start but was most concerned that her toy hot dog was gone. She now knows that if there is a fire she does 2 things, yells fire then grabs her sister and runs outside.

No comments: